Humane Society of Chittenden County Legacy Society: LEAVE YOUR LEGACY TO THE ANIMALS
Making a planned gift to the Humane Society of Chittenden County is a meaningful way to carry forward your compassion and concern for animals, and a wonderful way to say thank you to every animal that has touched your life It is one of the most effective ways to ensure that HSCC can continue to save lives and make Chittenden and Grand Isle counties of Vermont more humane communities for the animals.
Careful charitable gift planning may help reduce gift and estate taxes or have other tax benefits. We recommend that you work with your financial and legal advisors to prepare your estate plan and review it from time to time.
Planned Gift Options
- You may designate a specific amount of money, stocks, bonds, tangible property or other assets to HSCC.
- Designate a percentage of the total value of your estate.
Designate a residual bequest which directs HSCC receive the remainder of the estate, or a portion of the remainder, after all expenses and other bequests have been made
- Any or all of the balance in IRA’s, 401(k)s, and other retirement savings plans can be donated to HSCC. Please consider making HSCC a full or partial beneficiary.
Life Insurance Policies, Trust and Certificates of Deposit:
- HSCC can be named as a whole or partial beneficiary under life insurance policies, trusts and Certificates of Deposits (CDs).
Charitable Remainder Trusts & Gift Annuities
A CRT or CGA enables you to receive a lifetime income from an investment while receiving a tax deduction for the value of the investment donated to charity.
We are available to work with your estate planning and financial advisor. Please complete the Planned Gift Letter of Intent or contact our President & CEO, Nancy Cathcart:
Phone: (802) 862-0135 x 12
Adoption Center Hours:
Tuesday - Saturday: 1:00 - 5:00 pm
Sunday & Monday: CLOSED
Please note that our facility remains closed to walk-in visitors and adoptions are available by appointment only. Visit the Pet Adoption page for more details and to schedule a time with an adoption counselor.
- Tuesday - Friday: 1:00 to 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Sunday & Monday: Closed
September 18, 2020