current small animal adoption process - please read!
*PLEASE NOTE THAT MASKS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL VISITORS REGARDLESS OF VACCINATION STATUS. APPOINTMENTS ARE NOT REQUIRED - ADOPTIONS ARE PROCESSED ON A FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED BASIS.*
1. Look through the available small animals listed here or stop by HSCC to see if there’s someone you are interested in.
2. Fill out HSCC’s Small Animal Adopter Profile (may also be done during your visit, but submitting it online saves time!)
3. Meet the animal(s)! Let a staff member know who you would like to learn more about and spend time with. Don't forget to bring your photo ID (required)!
3. Still interested in adopting? An Adoption Counselor will discuss the animal’s medical/behavioral history and some basic care tips.
5. Make it official! Pay the adoption fee, sign the adoption contract, and take your new friend home OR place a hold and come back within 24 hours to finish the process. Please note that small animals must leave in a secure enclosure or carrier (available for sale at HSCC).