current small animal adoption process - please read!
1. Look through the available small animals listed here or stop by HSCC to see if there’s someone you are interested in.
2. Fill out HSCC’s Small Animal Adopter Profile (may also be done during your visit, but submitting it online saves time!) ***Note: you do NOT need to wait for the profile to be accepted before coming in! After submitting the profile, we encourage you to come in at any point during our open hours. We do not contact people individually about their profiles, instead discussing them in person during our adoption counseling process. We (and the smallies) look forward to seeing you soon!***
3. Meet the animal(s)! Let a staff member know who you would like to learn more about and spend time with. Don't forget to bring your photo ID (required)!
3. Still interested in adopting? An Adoption Counselor will discuss the animal’s medical/behavioral history and some basic care tips.
5. Make it official! Pay the adoption fee, sign the adoption contract, and take your new friend home OR place a hold and come back within 24 hours to finish the process. Please note that small animals must leave in a secure enclosure or carrier (available for sale at HSCC).
Not able to adopt?
The Heart to Heart program allows you to symbolically sponsor an animal at HSCC while they wait for their new family. This is a great option for those who have room in their hearts, if not in their homes, to support HSCC and the 1,300+ animals we care for each year. If the animal you sponsor is adopted during your week of support, your donation will carry over to their furry friends still in our care. Click here to sponsor an animal today!