Thank you for thinking of our animals!
Supplies for our resident cats, dogs and smallies cost us about $20,000 a year.
Donations of the following items are a big help!
*we are not accepting drop-off donations at this time*
In adherence with current health guidelines related to COVID-19, we are unfortunately not able to accept donated goods (towels, blankets, animal accessories, pet carriers, etc.) until further notice.
If you would still like to support HSCC, you can send us items from our Amazon Wish List or online store of your choice.
Interested in shopping local? Give Pet Food Warehouse a call on their Curbside Service line, let them know what food or supplies you would like to purchase for HSCC, and PFW will deliver items to us weekly!
Thank you for your understanding!
We are NOT accepting the following items at this time:
Pillows, pillow cases, comforters, blankets, fleece, or face cloths
Small animal equipment or enclosures of any kind
Medium and large cat/dog carriers
Wire cat/dog crates
Used litter boxes
Thank you for thinking of us! We hope you will consider bringing these items to your local donation center.
HIGH PRIORITY ITEMS:
Small martingale collars to keep our small doggos safe and sound on their walkies
Unscented, non-clumping kitty litter for our feline friends
Nitrile or rubber gloves to keep staff and volunteers clean and safe
Cleaning supplies Paper towels, small bottles of hand soap, and drawstring kitchen trash bags in particular!
Clean straw for our outdoor feral cat shelters to be warm and comfortable
Long-lasting chew treats like bully sticks and chew bones to give dogs something fun to do during quiet time in their kennels - NO rawhide, please!
Kitten food (wet, dry, and KMR) to help our littlest meows grow strong
Kong spray or spray cheese, as a special treat during medical check-ins or to help our nervous friends overcome scary situations
Canned chicken, which is good for a bland "upset tummy diet" and appealing to picky eaters
Feliway diffuser refills for our cats
Feliway is a synthetic copy of the feline facial pheromone, used by cats to mark their territory as safe and secure. By mimicking the cat’s natural facial pheromones, Feliway creates a state of familiarity and security in the cat's local environment. As a result, Feliway can help comfort and reassure cats while they cope with a challenging situation and help prevent or reduce the stress caused by a change in their environment. We use Feliway diffusers in each of our cat rooms. Click here to purchase diffuser refills for our kitties.
Power strips for our cat rooms so that we can safely plug in Feliway diffusers and white noise machines or radios for a calming effect (total of 6 needed)
Adaptil diffuser refills for our dogs
Adaptil helps to reduce or prevent stress related behavior in the shelter setting. Click here to purchase diffuser refills.
Other Wish List Items:
- Dry cat food
- Canned dog and cat food
- Cat wand toys - click here to see an example
- SlimCat Treat Balls - click here to find them
- Peanut Butter (MUST be xylitol-free and not "natural" kinds that allow the oil to separate)
- Tough, durable dog toys (for heavy-duty chewers), such as Buster Cubes and Busy Balls
- Catnip and general cat toys!
- Delicious dog treats like: Zukes, Blue Buffalo, Merrick, Beggin' Strips, Pup-Peroni, or dental treats
- Frontline Plus flea treatment
- Tomahawk Live traps (cat-sized, for our TNR work) - click here to purchase
- Greens for small animals (leafy green lettuce, dandelion greens, chard, kale, etc.)
- Timothy hay for our rabbits and guinea pigs
- Procollar and Bite Not plastic collars for cats and dogs: In a continued effort to make every animal's stay here as comfortable as possible, HSCC is trying to move away from standard e-collars (coned shaped) that are bulky, awkward, noisy, and difficult to eat and drink with. Follow the links below to learn more about the inflatable ring and the plastic collar: